Wednesday 10 October 2012

Peter Pan Statue

So if you know me well enough, you'd know that I have loved Disney my whole life.

I rank Peter Pan as one of my favourite films of all time.



Just the whole idea of flying away to a land where you never grow up, no restrictions and have your own fairy accompaniment. We can all relate to that.

One of my good friends from California met up with me on her first-time visit to London and she expressed interest in going to the Peter Pan statue in Kensington Gardens. Having a guest over is always be the perfect reason to cross another 'to-do' thing on your list and I immediately lit up at her suggestion.

After a much nice stroll in Hyde Park (which I'll blog about at some point in the future), we finally found it!


There's just something quite extraordinary about the boy who never grew up which holds a place in many of our hearts, ever since J.M Barrie wrote the original novel all those years ago. The story and the character are reminders to always keep our inner child, something that I treasure deeply even as I grow and develop into a man.

But heck, no matter what age you are, there will always be the choice to follow the second star to the right and straight on 'till morning. You'll never know what you'll achieve, pursuing that goal.


And that's how we roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment